+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F.S.: Commander # 4 in Maine

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.

F.S.: Commander # 4 in Maine

http://www.yachtworld.com/privatelab...slim=pp256299&

1964 Pearson Commander, 26' Pearson Commander, 1964, Hull #4
    (Do you have any idea how many of these they made!)

What do you say about a nice boat like this one?

For starters, she is very comfortable for quite a few folks in the cockpit, but when sleeping time arrives, only two are going to be in out of the rain.

Original Pearson brouchure claims sleeping quarters for FIVE. (Salesmen will tell you anything to close a sale, won't they..)

Fancy gourmet meals - The only fancy meals served on board this boat are the ones brought with you. Tough to cook turkey on a single burner propane stove.

That's not all bad though, because there is no dishwasher and all those leftovers would be jammed in the little custom modified Igloo cooler too.

Entertainment - yes sir, just like the big boats, a confiscated high schooler's boom box..

In the aft engine room, we've got a 6 horsepower Johnson, not to be confused with a Cummins, because they are both painted white.

Electronics, well - they saved their money for new sails and generally try to go out on fair to real good days only.

There is a VHF S/S Radio, (works too).

The best gadget is this photovoltaic apparatus, known to most as a solar panel. They haven't got it completely figured out, but the skipper claims he can beef up a battery charge to run those 4 fancy Halogen cabin lights for just about forever.

Best part is the maintainence program. It's similar to the mortgage payment - darn little.......
    Hire an expensive Surveyor. The answer is still going to be the same,
    "SHE IS WHAT SHE IS"
    End of report.

SOUTH FREEPORT YACHT SALES, Located at Brewer Marine, Harraseeket Harbor, South Freeport, Maine (2 miles from LL Bean).
    Please contact John Holmes (207)865-9229, 831-3168cell, (207)846-9693 Res. (Please try office# first, cell does not work in office)
    Last edited by commanderpete; 10-24-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    I think the broker has been selling too many Hinckleys

Full specs
    http://www.yachtworld.com/privatelab..._id=44788&url=
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by commanderpete; 10-24-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Let's have an eye on it and see if she sells. Only thing is I guess we won't know the final sale price.

Did you guys see the Alberg 37 that was sold on eBay a week ago in NY? It looked real good (not the inside, mind you, that needed a lot of renovation). The final price was $21.000 or so!

The broker isn't really helping to sell the boat.

The ad is funny in spots. But, I wouldn't be laughing if I was the owner.

It's a nice boat. Doesn't deserve such disrespect
    Attached Images  

Oh, I assumed the owners wrote that themselves. You think a broker would put that much effort into it? But maybe you are right and the broker wrote it - and if he didn't check with the owners that would in fact not be nice. It's a good looking boat, of course. In much better shape than mine, indeed.

It's still for sail! It's now listed in Points East Magazine as well, I think.
    John G.
    Valhalla
    Commander No 287

Good Looking Commander

Thats a nice looking commander, makes me wish I never sold mine. (Wife didn't like my old stinky boat, made me buy a Newport 28, more room for the adults and kids.) For the equipment and sails listed the price isn't bad. I'd give em $4500.

+ Reply to Thread