Thread: Exterior Wood Finishes

Threaded View

brightwork juggling in my garage

My cabin trim look like propellers mounted on 8 penny nails that were pounded through some old front door woodwork trim. Cabinet drawers stand on their own, as long as I remember to walk around them, instead of through them when I leave for work around 5:30am (I exit through the garage). Cabinet doors pose as Modified Alkyd Resin laden mobiles suspended from 50 pound test fishing line swaying in the aromatic breezes of Exempt Mineral Spirits. Those pesky hatch covers will receive the required 12-20 coats per side and sometime in 2009 they will be introduce to Hull #100 with a pomp and ceremony Elton John will be proud of. Yes, my family is packing up and leaving for Nantucket. Yes, I will feel some guilt as they are leaving. (but they constantly and selfishly complain about fumes permeating throughout the house), (what fumes, I ponder). Yet I know when I summons them to return home in 2009 they will dance with glee on the marina green proudly proclaiming that bright work belongs to my husband and father. Yes, we helped him to its completion.
    Last edited by edward burke; 03-26-2007 at 09:41 PM. Reason: manuscript error