Thread: A-50 Revival

Threaded View

Mike...we ALL do 2 things....dream and procrastinate !!! Kinda like when your garage gets messy...ya keep putting off cleaning it out...it only gets worst.Finally one day after waiting WAY TOO LONG ...ya get at it only to find it was way easier than ya thought,ya found some items you'd given up on and ya feel SO much better after....ya wonder why ya didn't do it way sooner. Cruising is like that in my life. I bought the waterway guide in 84 , I had yearly plans , I had a few boats that would have been 'perfect' for the trip south (to my thinking at the time) BUT every year it was work or money or some project....always an excuse ...always put off. Finally in 02 I went.Like the garage clean up , I wondered why the heck I waited SO LONG??...what was I afraid of?? It really is not hard. I do have a 'passion' for boats but I am NOT a great sailer. I can tell you this for sure.If you have basic navigation skills,good anchoring skills,understand weather patterns some what and are comfortable reefing sail etc GO !! It AIN"T majic !! You too will wonder 'what took so long'......go and 'clean your garage'!!
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-12-2006 at 01:01 PM.