+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gooseneck sources

Hybrid View

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    D & R Marine also carries the gooseneck shaft (arrowhead). The cost was $25. You have to drill the holes.

The only other part we haven't talked about is the gooseneck casting.

I couldn't find a direct replacement. D & R sells one that is pretty close. I had to do some grinding to get it to fit
    Attached Images  

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    The part that fits in the boom was little too long

sideview
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by commanderpete; 10-31-2005 at 10:23 AM.

I believe this casting was designed to fit a RR 4025 boom. Rig Rite also sells a casting for $ 159

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Pearson...4025_Boom.html

I'm certain that our boom is different than the 4025. The picture below shows the inside of our boom where the casting goes

I think the casting cost about $ 80 from D & R. I can't find my notes on that.
    Rudy seems to have a different price for his products every time you call him anyway

http://www.drmarine.com/default.asp
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by commanderpete; 10-31-2005 at 10:24 AM.

Does anyone have a roller reefing boom that appears to take a crank handle of some sort at the gooseneck to reef the main? This boom end casting has a stainless worm gear and a 1/2 in. shaft with a 1/4 in. roll pin that would appear to engage a crank handle of some sort. This came with A-245, this boat had to be one of the high end priced Ariels built, It appears to have every option available for an Ariel. From the depth sounder pickup molded into the hull ahead of the ballast,inboard,spinnaker gear to all screens for opening ports and hatches.

+ Reply to Thread