+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 227

Hybrid View

Mike, I swear everyone is the last, 3 Electras, 2 Ariels, 1 Triton. The last Electra I got to too late, the owner whacked the keel off for the lead, but I did get a very nice mast and the bow stem fitting that I needed for the rescue of another Electra I rescued in CT,which will float this summer. the boat price was $250 including a new head sail, good coamings winches etc. etc.. Who could say no to that? At least this boat was only 90 miles from home. Excluding the Triton the rest have been either I rescue them or it's to the scrap yard. It is getting out of hand! LOL, Time to get on the water! The Triton will get a necessary refit of items to make it a safe passage maker and it will be in the Bahamas next Winter. If you know someone who wants a major Ariel project boat let me know, no interior , inboard model, all components included no engine.

Quote Originally Posted by carl291 View Post
    If you know someone who wants a major Ariel project boat let me know, no interior , inboard model, all components included no engine.
    That sounds like a perfect starting point for the next project! I keep thinking of ways to sway Frank to entertain some of the ideas swimming around my brain pan...
    My home has a keel.

ebb, Thanks, These boats are national treasures
    Tony, LOOK!!!! a blank canvas for you, the artist! Ariels are very roomy when they are hollow!
    Attached Images    

A more civilized kite

So I raced The Princess a couple of weeks ago with the new asymmetric spinnaker... it went up slow as there was a ride in the halyard, it filled before I could get the tack line in hard so I had to pull really hard. I think I cursed. we gybed at the reach mark and the lazy sheet grabbed the neck of my beer bottle and knocked it over. I think I cursed again. As I doused at the leeward mark and the kite buried my poor sweetheart. I think she cursed. I was heading back to the windward mark with 460 sq/ft of sailcloth, 40' of tackline, 120' of spin sheets and 35' of halyard on the cockpit floor. My wife looked at me and said "this isn't very civilized". You know, she was right.
    Here is my solution:
    Facnor FX-1500 Code Zero furler
    18" bow sprit
    Under deck furling line
    Believe me. This is a MUCH more civilized way to go downhill.
    Attached Images        
    Last edited by Commander227; 09-03-2011 at 03:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread