Thread: Ariel #331

Sail Out Of The Slip

My 5500 pound El Toro....
    Attached Images        
    ...Seremos Como El Che...

Hasta Siempre Che

NICE JOB, Adam,
    She's ready for adventure!

And I like the 'setsail' series of shots that not so symbolically show her comandante physically launching Che into her new life. In that first photo you could swear she's stretched her pride into a 30' waterline, so ready she is to fly!

Your galley looks perfect, and friendly. Really nice.
    Like your 'dynamic dodger, should do everything a dodger is asked to do, including being a home for some flexible solar panels. Looks right-on at different angles, nice proportions. Doesn't detract from the lines at all!

Tidy wind vane. Looks good on the stern. WHOSE?
    What a transformation - when we follow her fortune from the beginning of this thread!!!
    Inspiration!

Viva la revolucion!
    Last edited by ebb; 08-09-2007 at 07:00 AM.

Hasta la victoria siempre EBB

Thanks for your comments EBB. Che is indeed coming along....The Galley is really comfortable...the Monitor windvane continues to amaze me....I managed to scrap together a decent inventory of sails....the dodger keeps me warm and dry....and we will be heading down to Half Moon Bay for a little shake down run next weekend. I stopped by your boat the other day, after an all you can eat Indian Restaurant stop, but it was all boarded up. I did notice the Triton a few spaces down from you....as well as that cute wooden boat a few spaces down from the Triton...Any idea what sort of boat that is? More pics to come....
    Attached Images  

Maybe you could get a buddy boat to snap some shots of you entering Pillar Point Harbor? Can be really exciting in the afternoon

Alberg Buddy Boat Association

Bill,
    Buddy Boats are always welcome....Any takers? I'm thinking about starting the Alberg Buddy Boat Association (ABBA)...the only prerequisites would be owning an Alberg designed sailboat of your choice, having the desire to voyage in these beautiful boats, and not liking the song "Dancing Queen". Look out for ABBA in the near future....Carl would have dug it!!!

Go Che Go

Che heading under the Golden Gate....
    Attached Images  

Wow!

That is one incredible picture!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Another under the Golden Gate...

A friend captured a few shots out on the water...
    Attached Images  

Another under the Golden Gate...

Go Che Go!!!!
    Attached Images  

Beautiful

Between you and Tim (Ariel 24), I'm not going insane at my desk, wishing I was out sailing
    Thanks for posting the GREAT pics

Ditto that!

Nice to know there are other desk jockeys suffering along with me...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

great looking boat.. I like the wind vane!

Che in Vallejo...

Had a great time sailing in the Singlehanded Sailing Society Vallejo 1+2 Race...Che made it up and made it back....Resting in Vallejo...Also noticed a fellow Ariel won their division in the East Bay Estuary Race....A Boat Named CAT WALK...Does anybody know the owner? The Boat? If the weather works out...planning on a weekend trip up to Drake's Bay...Should be fun...
    Attached Images  

Che, after I sent you the message, I looked up your boat. It looks very nice from the first photo. do you have any more? So you sail out in California? Man I hear the wind is awesome there. I do miss the open water.... but at least we're sailing.
    How's the inside look?
    mike

13.6 Knots

Pictures to come....Had a great sail this past weekend out on the ocean. Pretty crazy conditions with 12-14 ft seas and winds ranging anywhere from 15-25 Knots gusting 30 at times. Che handled the conditions wonderfully. We beat out about 30 miles and then had a wonderful broad reach back in. I had no idea how well these boats surf!!! We averaged 7.5 knots on the ride back in...and it was a wild ride...as I mentioned the GPS was showing a consistent 7.5 knots but with a double reefed main + working Jib....we were coming off some waves at 10...11 knots...with our max speed topping out at 13.6knots!!!! These little boats are right at home in the big stuff....and with the Dodger + Weather cloth additions to my boat...It was a rather dry ride...Pics to come...

+ Reply to Thread